This mailing list keeps you up-to-date with new articles, columns, and Web pages that I have written. I list and link most of these on my Diabetes Directory at www.mendosa.com/diabetes.htm
From time to time Diabetes Update may also include links to other Web pages of special interest.
My most recent contributions are:
on May 1, 2001
- Lifeclinic's Diabetes Channel is the focus of my current "About the Internet" column on the American Diabetes Association's Web site. This attractively-presented site offers several valuable tools for people with diabetes.
The URL is
on April 30, 2001
- An inexpensive spice that many of us use often reduces insulin resistance, according to researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The spice is cinnamon. This is the subject of the April 2001 issue of LXN Corp.'s "c-Charged Newsletter," which I write. While amounts of cinnamon large enough to bring down our blood glucose levels may be toxic, water-soluble extracts can overcome that problem. That's the news. The related lifestyle tip looks at herbs and spices to make the food you eat more appealing. The URL is
on May 1, 2001
- "Tagatose is Coming" reviews the noncaloric sweeteners now available on the U.S. market and reports on the recent approval of a new very low-calorie sweetener, Tagatose. The URL is
Diabetes Forecast - Live! "Have Diabetes, Will Travel" will be live on Tuesday, May 22, at 5:30 p.m. PDT (8:30 p.m. EDT) at http://www.diabetesforecastlive.com.
Rock Musician Hamish Richardson is on the road constantly as he tours with his band Brother. Hear how he keeps his sugar levels even and his energy high as he travels around the world.
Topics will include:
- How to prepare for a trip.
- How time zones affect medication needs.
- Finding medical care in a new setting.
- Helpful tips on having a great and healthy journey.
I send out Diabetes Update email in HTML format, which all Web browsers and most modern email programs can display. HTML has live links to all the sites named in the text so that with a simple click of a mouse you can connect to the site you have just been reading about.
This mailing list is free and will never include advertising. Nor will I ever sell, rent, or trade your e-mail address to anyone without your permission.
I send out Diabetes Update about once every two weeks. Previous issues are online:
- Diabetes Update Number 1 of December 10, 2000
- Diabetes Update Number 2 of December 18, 2000
- Diabetes Update Number 3 of January 3, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 4 of January 17, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 5 of January 31, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 6 of February 15, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 7 of March 1, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 8 of March 15, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 9 of March 30, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 10 of April 2, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 11 of April 16, 2001
This is a one-way "broadcast" mailing list that is not set up to accept replies. If you have any questions or wish to unsubscribe, simply write me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to let your friends know how to receive Diabetes Update, all they have to do is to write me here.
Thanks for joining!